SEN books for children
This year, there will be several alternative format titles available from Booktime, for children in England who may benefit from a more accessible title to add to their Booktime book pack. Teachers and practitioners can request an alternative format book for a child with visual or hearing impairments, or complex needs that may mean story-based picture books like the Booktime titles are less accessible and enjoyable to them.
The titles available on request from Booktime are:
- Hairy Maclary from Donaldson’s Dairy (Puffin) - braille and large print
- But Excuse Me That is My Book (Puffin) - braille and large print.
- Tinga Tinga Tales: Why the Elephant has a Trunk – (Puffin) large print.
- The Tale of a Naughty Little Rabbit – (Warne) large print.
- Whose Nose? (Ladybird) – simple, rhyming text and giant flaps to lift on each page.
- This Little Monster (Ladybird) – simple, rhyming text with lots of different texture to feel.
- Five in a Bed (Ladybird) - sing-along rhymes with fun peek-through holes.
Some notes on eligibility
These books are only available to children who are receiving their Booktime packs this year (aged 4-5 years, starting reception class in England). We request that teachers and practitioners please request these books for children by completing the form below.
These interactive books are provided for reception children whose complex needs would impede them from accessing and enjoying picture books like the Booktime titles. In addition, please note that we can only provide one book for each reception child with complex needs, as our stock of materials is limited. If you have problems with this form or have any other queries please email email@example.com
Note: If you are having problems viewing this form in Internet Explorer then please try an alternative browser if you have one.